Country Meadows Elementary School
Country Meadows Elementary School is part of Buffalo Grove-based District 96, but serves students from Kildeer, Long Grove, Hawthorn Woods, Mundelein and Vernon Hills. The school's mascot is the cub.
Country Meadows is located on the same campus as the district's Woodlawn Middle School, which students attend after graduating from fifth grade.
Students in Country Meadows' attendance area first attend District 96's Willow Grove Kindergarten Center in Buffalo Grove.
- Fax: 847-949-8233
- Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:25am-3pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: Jul 01 1999
- Number of students: 363
- Public/Private: Public
- Accreditation/licenses: Blue Ribbon from the Illinois Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (IAHPERD); Recognized by the National Staff Development Council (professional learning community).
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 37
- Grade levels: 1st-5th
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Sports facilities
- Sports teams: Organized after-school sports programs for third-, fourth- and fifth-graders.
- Student clubs: Chess, Young Composers, Scrapbooking, Twirling, Homework, Brainy Bunch